ViacomCBS held an investor day presentation today and, aside from announcing a rebranding to Paramount Global, a ton of news was shared. Here are the film highlights:
- In addition to a spin-off film, John Krasinski will helm A Quiet Place III, to bow in 2025.
- Even before the sequel hits theaters this April, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 has already been greenlit. Additionally, a spinoff series focused on Idris Elba’s Knuckles will head to Paramount+ (prior to the third film).
- Matt Shakman will helm Star Trek 4 with Chris Pine et al expected to return and a December 2023 release.
- Next year’s Transformers: Rise of the Beasts will be the first film of a new trilogy while an animated film will hit theaters in 2024.
- Other projects: three SpongeBob SquarePants films focused on established characters and a fourth theatrical release; a SEAL team film for Paramount+; a Teen Wolf movie with most of the original cast back; a new animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; and a Blue’s Clues movie.
Of interest to this writer, as well, is the renewal of Halo for season 2 even before the first debuts.
Photo from IGN