DC’s momentous 24-hour event (with about 8 hours of fresh content), DC FanDome, delivered the goods in a star-studded event hyped up the future of DC films, television, and comics. Here are the highlights:
Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)
- Director Patti Jenkins reaffirmed the commitment to getting this film in theaters.
- A new trailer gave us our first look at the transformed Cheetah (played by Kristen Wiig).
The Flash (2022)
- 2022’s The Flash movie will indeed explore the multiverse.
- Barry Allen will have a new suit, created by Batman, as seen below.
The Suicide Squad (2021)
- We finally received confirmation on who every actor is playing via an artsy video.
- We also received a behind-the-scenes video that shows the whole crew in action.
Static Shock (TBD)
- Popular 1990s character Static Shock, a Black superhero created by Milestone Media and DC Comics, is getting the live-action film treatment in the future.
Black Adam (2021)
- After ten years of talk, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is finally getting his Black Adam film, currently slated for December of 2021.
- The Justice Society of America will feature in the film, including Dr. Fate, Cyclone, Hawkman, and Atom Smasher (Noah Centineo).
- Johnson teased Superman, stating that they could be friends or foes, and that maybe we’ll find out. Is this a hint towards Superman’s involvement in the film?
- We received an animated artistic rendering of what we can expect.
Justice League: The Snyder Cut (2021)
- Zack Snyder’s Justice League will be released in 2021 via 4 1-hour-long episodes on HBO Max, with a combined film available at the end of the run.
- We received the first teaser.
Aquaman 2 (2022)
- Patrick Wilson will return as King Orm.
- The sequel will be grounded in the modern world and more serious.
Shazam: Fury of the Gods (2022)
- The official title of the follow-up film, due out in 2022, is Shazam: Fury of the Gods.
- Sinbad may or may not be in the film.
The Batman (2021)
- We are getting year two Batman, as well as Catwoman, The Penguin, and The Riddler in their early stages.
- About 25% had been shot prior to pausing due to Covid-19.
- A teaser trailer was released: